Silverlight Details Page
This generator creates a standard Silverlight details page based on a single Xomega
Framework data object defined in the object model, which the generated page will
use as a data model to bind the controls to. The data object name must be specified
in the generator's configuration (see the Details Object parameter) and may be built
out of multiple model structures or operations.
For the most part this generator is similar to the
WPF Details Form generator. However, due to the differences between Silverlight
and WPF, the generated page has to be slightly different as outlined below.
- The generated page uses the Silverlight version of the Xomega Framework and the
- The property names are hardcoded in the XAML for the control bindings, since Silverlight
doesn't support x:Static.
- Silverlight DataGrid is used for child grids instead of the WPF grid view.
- TextBlock is used instead of Label.
- Each TextBlock that serves as a label has an explicit binding of the FontWeight
to the Required attribute of the property.
- All service operations are invoked asynchronously.
This generator can be rerunnable during initial prototyping phase to allow quickly
visualizing the object model. During this phase you can add additional code to a
separate partial class. However, you will eventually want to edit the generated code manually to remove
columns or fields that should not be displayed and perhaps add other controls or
rearrange the controls on the page. At this point you may want to rename the generated
file, so that the generator doesn't accidentally override it or delete it during
the cleanup operation. This is why it is recommended to make the generated files
start with an underscore to distinguish them from non-generated files.
Below is a sample page that was generated by this generator.