Xomega.Net for Visual Studio
Xomega.Net is a plug-in for Visual Studio that provides an integrated
environment for browsing and editing your XML object models with a powerful
Xomega Editor as well as for configuring and running model transformations right
from within Visual Studio or as an MSBuild task as part of the Xomega Project
Project system supports a new Visual Studio project type (.xomproj) that allows
building your object model from smaller XML files, which are much
more manageable independently as opposed to one large XML file. The project is based on MSBuild and allows running
model validations and custom generators that can be dynamically defined and configured
within the project. Read more about Xomega Project...
Working with large models directly in XML could be a daunting task.
Included in Xomega.Net is a powerful Xomega Editor that makes editing, browsing
and navigating XML models extremely easy with support of such features
- Enhanced IntelliSense - suggests allowed values both from the schema and
those defined in the model itself.
- Custom Validations - underlines invalid values as you type and displays the
errors in the Error List window.
- Go To Definition - takes you to the definition of model entities (e.g. types)
from the places where they are referenced.
- Find References - displays all model references to the current entity (e.g.
- Renaming - allows renaming model entities and updates all references to them.
- Symbol Browsing - allows browsing the model via standard VS tools such as
Object Browser or Class Viewer.
- Collapsing to Definitions - allows collapsing to model definitions with a
single click for ease of XML browsing.
- User-friendly Outlining - improves standard VS XML outlining for readability.
As a result, Xomega.Net makes working with XML models no harder than writing code
in one of the modern object-oriented languages. Read more
about Xomega Editor...
Xomega.Net requires the following components to be installed:
- Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 Standard Edition or higher
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or higher
To view the notices for licensed third-party software components included within
Xomega.Net click here.